YMCA Camp Minikani will be opening its trails and lakes to community members on Sunday, February 14, from 1-4pm for Winter Recreation Day. As part of this free event, community members will have the chance to strap on snowshoes or cross country skis and explore the trails, slide across the ice during a game of broomball, and even try their hand at ice fishing. Minikani has a limited supply of snowshoes, skis, sleds, broomball and hockey supplies, and ice fishing poles available for use; however, participants are encouraged to bring their own ice skates or other equipment to use on the lakes and trails.
Volunteers from Camp Minikani will be on hand to assist in sizing snowshoes and cross country skis and giving lessons to beginners. To help participants warm up and re-energize after spending time in the snow, hot chocolate, cookies, and plenty of space around a fireplace or campfire will be provided.
Bring family and friends along to spend time together while learning new outdoor activities or enjoying old ones. Winter Recreation Day may also be perfect for anyone still looking for an adventurous (and free) Valentine’s Day date!
YMCA Camp Minikani is located at 875 Amy Belle Road in Hubertus. For directions or more information, contact Allyson Green at (262)-251-9080. YMCA Camp Minikani, part of the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee, is sponsoring Winter Recreation Day as a way to reach out to the surrounding community and support the YMCA’s mission of building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. To find out more about YMCA Camp Minikani, visit www.minikani.org.
- Freistadt 4-H Friends Completes 2015-2016 4-H Year
- St. Agnes Parish Festival
- Germantown Diamond Club Jr. Warhawks Baseball Tryouts
- Germantown Diamond Club Baseball Expansion and New Partnership!
- Jaguar Select Baseball - Tryouts in July
- History Center Celebrates Architecture of Germantown and Richfield
- Purchase your tickets now for the Centuries of Architecture Tour Germantown/Richfield
- Come and see a yarn bomb firsthand on the Old Courthouse Museum grounds!
- Come and visit us at the Old Courthouse Museum for Blast Into the Past Family Day
- Darling Applauds Germantown High School Anti-Drunk Driving Program