Marlene Lauwasser of Mequon will receive the Spirit of St. Francis Service Award for her work as a university supporter as part of the Cardinal Stritch University Alumni Awards.
Through the awards program, Stritch annually honors individuals for their professional and personal achievements, which have made a significant impact in their field, and whose life and character have earned the respect and admiration of their peers and professional colleagues.
Marlene Lauwasser began serving Stritch in 1982 as an administrator, helping develop Stritch's first adult degree programs and planting the seeds for what became the College of Business and Management. Lauwasser oversaw accounting, curriculum formatting, advertising, and marketing. Under her leadership, Stritch's adult programs enrolled 400 students in the first eight months. The programs not only achieved record enrollment, they also earned national visibility for the University’s innovative higher education formats for working adults.
Lauwasser and five other honorees will be recognized June 21. Showcasing the best of Stritch, this signature alumni event will begin with an outdoor cocktail reception (weather permitting) with President Dr. James P. Loftus and his wife, Irene Prior Loftus. A dinner and the presentation of the awards will follow in the Nancy Kendall Theater. For additional information, visit http://www.stritch.edu/Alumni/Alumni-Awards/2014-Alumni-Award-Winners.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Psychic & Healing Fair