Faculty, staff, and students at CUW stepped up recently by donating money to support the relief efforts underway in the Philippines in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan. According to University officials more than $700 was raised in just two days, with donations going directly to Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) congregations that need it most.
“While we are grateful for the generous gifts, additional financial support is still needed as men, women, and children of our sister-congregations in the Philippines continue to have little to no access to water, food, shelter, and medical attention,” said Kimberly Masenthin, director of Human Resourses at CUW.
The LCMS announced, through their Typhoon Haiyan Update, that an eight-member disaster response team will be deploying to Manila on Friday, Nov. 22. On the ground, the team will join leaders from the Lutheran Church of the Philippines to provide immediate aide and work to plan ongoing disaster relief.
For more information on the relief efforts underway, or to make a donation call toll-free 1-800-930-4438 or visit http://www.lcms.org/page.aspx?pid=441.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Psychic & Healing Fair