Concordia University recently announcing a new Executive Director of International Education in its Office of International Student Services. Rev. Dr. David Birner will begin his work at CUW in February.
Dr. Birner will be responsible for working closely with the academic deans and program directors to identify, connect, and coordinate CUW’s multiple relationships and academic programs, in order to further define and expand CUW’s global footprint.
“We are thrilled to bring Dr. Birner onto our team,” said Rev. Dr. Patrick T. Ferry, President of CUW. “Not only does he bring with him Synod (Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod) experience, but his international work, as a missionary, will be extremely valuable to our fast growing program,” Dr. Ferry added.
Dr. Birner has extensive experience as an executive leader of international programs and personnel on five continents. From 2003 to 2012 Dr. Birner was responsible for leadership of the LCMS World Mission International Program in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eurasia.
“I am looking forward to using my networks and life experience to support and promote the reputation of CUW, both here in the U.S. and abroad,” said Dr. Birner. “I am especially excited to join such an energetic, spirited, and talented staff,” he added.
Dr. Birner graduated from Concordia Senior College in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1973 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. In 1977 he received a Master of Divinity degree from Christ Seminary in St. Louis. In 2010 he received a Doctor of Ministry degree from Bakke Graduate University in Seattle.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Psychic & Healing Fair