Amazing! Some GOOD news for a change!
Thank You to The Mequon Homestead High School Student Council for their efforts this weekend raising money for The Feed Bag Pet Supply Fairy Dog-Mother project.
Students held a dog-wash/brat fry fundraiser at The Feed Bag Pet Supply in Mequon and raised a total of just over $1,100! With that we can purchase close to 200 bags of dog and cat food. Special thanks to Nicole Martin and Debbie Martin for their planning, distributing flyers and creating awareness of this project.
Money raised will go to supply nutritious and healthy dog and cat food to the clients of the Family Sharing of Ozaukee Food Pantry. Families that are struggling financially are increasingly surrendering pets to shelters across the country. Often, these cherished family members do not meet adoptability requirements because of age, temperament or health issues. The stress this places on these families (not to mention the pets) is overwhelming.
It is the goal of The Fairy Dog-Mother Project to help keep Ozaukee County families together while they work to get back on their feet financially. To date, we have delivered over 2,000 lbs of dog and cat food and are still not quite keeping up with the demand. If you can help, or have fundraising ideas of your own, please see our website at FeedBagPetSupply.com. From there you can also link to our Facebook page for the project.
If you know Debbie Martin, Nicole Martin, or any of her friends on the Homestead High Student Council, please give them a high-five for the whole community!
Connie Roller, Manager
The Feed Bag Pet Supply, Mequon WI
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Psychic & Healing Fair