The Office of the Governor of the State of Wisconsin has proclaimed that November is Wisconsin's official month of Toastmasters!
Congratulations to Wisconsin and to the more than 100 clubs whose members have benefited from improving their speaking and leadership skills through the Toastmasters program.
Effective communication is an important element in building and sustaining dynamic leadership in the community and in business. Effective communication skills are essential to the State of Wisconsin to compete successfully in all area of business state-wide, nationally, and internationally.
This proclamation recognizes the role of Toastmasters in developing effective speakers and leaders within the community and business.
See a copy of the official proclamation at: http://www.tm35.org/images/1111_November_TM_Month.jpg
Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations.
Headquartered in Rancho Santa Margarita, California, the organization has more than 270,000 members in more than 13,000 clubs in 116 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people of all backgrounds become more confident in front of an audience.
Thanks to Mary Maier of Brookfield and Paul Hunt of Fond du Lac for their efforts in getting this piece of Toastmasters history.
Find a club near you at www.toastmasters.org.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!