Concordia University Wisconsin will host a Respite Event on Sunday, February 27, giving area parents of children with special needs a well-deserved break. The Respite will be held at the Concordia Field House, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
“The respite event is a life saver for families dealing with the challenges of caring for a child with special healthcare needs,” said Kim Whitmore, assistant professor in Concordia University’s Nursing Department. “It is also a tremendous learning experience for our students from all disciplines as they learn patience, compassion, and respect for what these families deal with on a day to day basis," added Whitmore.
This event is funded in part by United Way and the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin. To register, e-mail your name, address, phone number, birthday, email, major and grade level or profession and preference of type of child you wish to care for to CUW Nursing Professor Kim Whitmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to volunteer you can still help by making a monetary donation made payable to CUW Foundation or by donating BINGO Prizes. Donations should be brought to the CUW Nursing Department.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Psychic & Healing Fair