Katrina Galka wins second place Harold A. Levin Scholarship of $1500 in the Collegiate Music Competition last Saturday at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She was also awarded the Audience Voice Award of $500, given to the musician chosen by ballot by the audience.
Katrina is a senior at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She is majoring in Vocal Performance with a German minor. She attended Whitefish Bay Dominican High School, class of 2007.
She sang Amor from Brentano Lieder, Op. 68 by Richard Strauss. She also sang La reine de coeur from La courte paille by Francis Poulenc. And she completed her eleven minute program with Glitter and Be Gay from Candide by Leonard Bernstein.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Psychic & Healing Fair