On a narrow 3-2 vote, the Shorewood School Board on Tuesday voted in favor of a 2012-13 calendar that sets in motion the start and end dates of the school year, as well as the extended winter and spring breaks.
School will begin Sept. 4 and wrap June 13, 2013. Winter break will run from Dec. 24 to Jan. 2; spring break will be held from March 25 to April 1.
The board was divided on Tuesday's course of action. This was the first calendar drafted since Act 10 removed calendar building from the collective bargaining process.
Administrators drafted the calendar, but did have dialogue with teachers on the document. Concerns about the thoroughness of the drafting process were raised by the board.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years