A proposed luxury apartment development behind the Fox Bay Cinema building in Whitefish Bay is advancing, following a preliminary review by the village Plan Commission on Wednesday.
Commissioners held a pre-petition conference with The Mandel Group, the developer that is looking to build 103 upscale apartments at 302-334 E. Silver Spring Drive. The conference was a formality under village code and was an opportunity for commissioners to weigh in and determine whether the proposal was worth pursuing further.
Mandel executives emphasized that public parking would be an important part of the development if it moves forward. The existing 135 village-owned parking spaces would be replaced by the development. But it would include 132 covered spaces at street level that would be made available and retained under village ownership.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016