North Shore communities claim four of the top six spots in Movoto Blog's "10 Best Places In Wisconsin" list, with the city of Mequon ranking first in the state.
Based on the criteria of amenities, quality of life, crime, taxes, unemployment, commute time, and weather, the real estate blog ranked Mequon first, Brown Deer third, Fox Point fourth, and Whitefish Bay sixth among 130 Wisconsin municipalities.
Mequon was noted for its quality of life, low crime and unemployment rates, and average summer temperature. Brown Deer was highlighted for a low crime rate and available amenities. Due to its state-leading overall quality of life, lack of crime, and climate Fox Point was honored, while Whitefish Bay made the cut for its high level of amenities and quality of life.
Full rankings courtesy of Movoto:
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016