Glendale - Firefighters responded to a garage fire at 7425 North Berwyn Avenue at approximately 4 a.m. this morning, extinguishing a fire which caused an estimated $90,000 in damages and no injuries to occupants of the building.
According to a North Shore Fire Department news release, the Bayside Communications Center received the first call around 4 a.m. from an alarm monitoring agency. While responders were on the way to the scene, two more calls came in and the response was upgraded to bring more equipment and personnel.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the attached garage of the community based residential facility, and called for additional support. The fire was extinguished quickly, limiting the exposure of the living area of the facility, though smoke damage was reportedly extensive throughout.
One firefighter was treated for a minor injury at the scene. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years