Shorewood - Firefighters and police were dispatched to 3602 N Murray Avenue around 8:44 p.m. last night, quelling an attic fire which caused an estimated $300,000 in damage, according to a media release.
Fire investigators have concluded that the likely cause of the fire was a lightning strike from the severe storm system in the area at the time of the call. First responders found smoke coming from the roof and eaves of the duplex and upgraded the call to bring in additional companies, which fought the fire from two ladder trucks.
Fire, smoke, and water damage to the attic and third floor of the duplex is reportedly extensive.
Two firefighters were taken to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries, and have since been released. No civilian injuries were reported.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016