An electrical malfunction in a basement office at a Glendale home in the 5700 block of N.. Milwaukee River Parkway was the likely cause of a fire reported to dispatchers at 8:58 a.m. today.
First arriving crews found moderate smoke coming from the front door of the residence and found a working fire in the basement of the home. Crews made an aggressive interior fire attack and were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Two occupants and three dogs were safely evacuated from the home without injury.
Damage, estimated at $15,000, was confined primarily to the basement of the home. There were no injuries to any fire personnel operating at the scene.
Fire crews reported hearing smoke detectors sounding on the first floor of the home when they made entry. However, no working smoke detectors were found in the basement of the home. For this reason, residents were not afforded the early detection possible had the basement detectors been operational.
The North Shore Fire Department would like to remind everyone of the importance of having working smoke detectors that are tested at least monthly on every level of a residence.
A total of 18 personnel from two engines, one truck company, two paramedic units, one basic life support unit and several command staff responded to the fire
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016