A Mequon family is safe after police and firefighters evacuated them from their home after several people fell ill with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning Monday.
According to a news release from Mequon Police, police and firefighter personnel were dispatched to a home in the 11100 block of Lake Shore Lane after a person had fallen in the residence.
When they arrived, it was determined that there were four individuals in the residence that were experiencing the symptoms of possible carbon monoxide exposure. The homeowner said the heating system had been turned on earlier in the day for the first time this season.
Mequon ambulance along with mutual aid assistance from the North Shore Fire Department and Thiensville ambulance transported five adult patients to Milwaukee area to Milwaukee area hospitals for treatment.
The incident is under investigation by the Mequon Police and Fire Departments.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016