North Shore Fire Department crews inadvertently discovered elevated levels of carbon monoxide at the Sprecher Brewery in Glendale while tending to an employee injured by several falling kegs.
According to an NSFD news release:
Bayside dispatch received a call at 4:05 p.m. yesterday requesting an ambulance for an employee who had been injured by several falling kegs.
While tending to the employee, a carbon monoxide warning device attached to a medical kit sounded, indicating elevated carbon monoxide levels. Crews on scene retrieved additional meters from the fire engine, finding readings as high as 120 parts per million (ppm) throughout areas of the structure.
The brewery was evacuated and ventilated. No employees complained of symptoms or requested evaluation from NSFD crews.
The source of the carbon monoxide was determined to be a forklift. NSFD advised brewery representatives not to use the forklift within the structure.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016