Due to the heat advisory that has been issued for July 4, the kiddie parade scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday has been canceled. The ice cream party scheduled for 2 p.m. will be held near the 1884 Schoolhouse Museum.
The main parade scheduled for 1:30 p.m. will continue as planned. Village Manager Russell Van Gompel in a news release reminds "spectators and participants to stay hydrated and follow the common procedures to reduce the potential of heat stroke."
The Brown Deer Pond will be open from noon until 5 p.m. as a way to provide relief from the warm weather. The Pond is located in Village Park, 4920 W. Green Brook Drive.
The fireworks remain as scheduled at 9:30 p.m.
"We have taken additional precautions by watering and protecting the drop zone to reduce the fire potential," Van Gompel said. "As a reminder, it is unlawful for any discharge of private fireworks within the village.
For a complete schedule of Fourth of July events and the 2012 official program, visit www.browndeerwi.org.
For additional information, please feel free to contact either the village manager's office at (414) 371-3050 or the Park and Recreation Department at (414) 371-3070.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016