No suspects were in custody Thursday night in connection with the robbery earlier in the day of Bank Mutual in Mequon, the second bank robbery this week in Ozaukee County.
The robbery was reported at 2:07 p.m. at the bank, 11249 N. Port Washington Road, according to a news release from the Mequon Police Department.
According to the release, a man with a stocky build wearing baggy blue jeans and armed with a "long gun" robbed the bank of an undisclosed amount of money.
The release did not indicate whether the robbery was connected to a bank robbery earlier this week at the Commerce State Bank in Cedarburg.
But Cedarburg Police Chief Tom Frank said late Thursday that there were no indications the two robberies were connected.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016