Mequon — Former mayor Connie Pukaite has upset former alderman Bob Ashmore with a successful write-in campaign and claimed the District 2 seat on the Mequon Common Council.
Pukaite received 58 percent of the vote while Ashmore received 40 percent.
The vote total remains unofficial until certified by the board of canvassers:
Connie Pukaite 362
Bob Ashmore 252
According to City Clerk Diane Kowalchuk, the write-in votes were counted four times to ensure accuracy.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016