The Common Council agreed to a zoning change and more that will allow Spectrum Investment Advisors to build a Prairie-style office building on the corner of Mequon Road and Industrial Drive.
Spectrum will move its offices into the majority of the 11,500-square-foot building, carving out a small 1,000 square-foot tenant space. The business is now located on Donges Bay Road.
The site for the new building is part of a larger development, Brewery Square, that was approved but never built after the economy hit hard times in 2009.
The city will also spend $450,000 to bury utilities around the street side perimeter of the Brewery Square site, along Buntrock Avenue, Mequon Road and Industrial Drive. The area is part of the Town Center, which is in a tax incremental financing district. The city borrowed $2.3 million to buy utilities as part of the project plan.
The city also agreed to create four on-street parking spaces on Industrial Drive and install the streetscaping planned for the area.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death (3)
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016