The Mequon-Thiensville School District will change the starting and ending times for the elementary and middle schools for the 2011-2012 school year. The shift will save the district $140,000 in the upcoming year.
The schools affected by this change are Donges Bay, Oriole Lane and Wilson elementary schools, and Lake Shore and Steffen middle schools.
The middle schools will start at 8:10 a.m. and end at 3:20 p.m. The elementary schools will start at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m.
The district decided to implement these changes in order to help close an annual $1 million budget shortfall it currently faces.
"This change in start and end times is another example of the school district working cooperatively with our transportation company (Alltran) to reduce non-instructional costs and help our overall budget situation for the upcoming school year," said Gail Grieger, MTSD director of business services.
- Republican primary for Ozaukee County Treasurer sees two political newcomers facing off
- 2016-17 Mequon-Thiensville School District budget passes unanimously
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Pitbull attack in Mequon leaves rare breed dog near death
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Mequon girl going to Japan with Trinity Irish Dancers to give free show in earthquake-affected area
- Mequon residents will be Gathering at the Green July 15 and 16
- Cheel-a-bration bringing cheer to Thiensville July 16
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports, July 7, 2016