Mequon set to join municipal court system
Mequon will join the Mid-Moraine Municipal Court following approval Tuesday of the city's request by the court's administrative committee.
The municipal court system now serves 16 communities in Washington and Ozaukee counties, court clerk Kathy Buth said. Thiensville was admitted as a member of the court earlier this year.
A Washington County Municipal Court established in 1991 was renamed Mid-Moraine in 1999 after several other Ozaukee County communities joined the group, Buth said.
Attorney Steven Cain of Cedarburg is the current municipal court judge.
More Ozaukee/Washington News
- Vans, car stolen in burglary at Cedarburg dealership
- Brown Deer driver, 37, charged in crash near Strawberry Festival
- Wisconsin eligible for $13 million to combat opioid crisis (10)
- Cedarburg High School principal named Grafton superintendent
- Drugs suspected in crash that hurt 2 near Strawberry Festival